My name is Amber and I am currently engaged to an American Soldier. Unfortunately, half of my heart is in Afghanistan.
My fiance, Dale, and I met the summer of 2012. I knew he was different right away. We stated texting constantly and he continually told me that there was something about me he knew he needed and was what he had been searching for. A few weeks was all it took…and I fell for him.
Right after we met, he had to do some training away in Wisconsin. He ended up getting a few hours of free time one day and asked me to come down. I was nervous about it because it was about a 3 hour drive and I can’t see well at night. My lovely fiance told me that if I made the trip down to see him, he would pay for a hotel room for me to stay in, since he had to stay on base. I only ended up getting about five hours with him and we didn’t do much, but it was perfect.
A few weeks later he got to come back from his training. He took me to his hometown and introduced me to his amazing family. He said that he had never seen them act the way that they did around me. He said he could just see how much they loved me.
I knew that he was getting deployed soon after we started dating. He had set up his voluntary deployment a few years ago and because of that…no one wanted to stick around to be with him. So then there is me…
I’ve had a lot of people ask me, “Why would you start dating someone who you knew would be getting deployed right away?” My answer is always the same. “Why wouldn’t I? Why should I pass up an amazing opportunity just because it’s going to be hard? The best things in life are those that are difficult and that we have to work at every single day. I’m not going anywhere.”
My fiance was only in his home town for about five days until he had to catch a bus at 4am to head to Texas. I was devastated. I thought it was the last time I’d get with him until after his deployment was over. He ended up surprising me and flying me down from September 27-29th. I was ecstatic that I was getting a little bit more time with him.
I kept talking to him about how I wished so badly that he could have met my dad, step mum, and brothers before he left. They live in FL and I live in IA, so that made things quite difficult. I told him one night, “You should call and talk to my dad before you have to leave. I bet he would really enjoy that.” My fiance had no hesitation, he called right away.
My family LOVED him! I’ve never seen them so happy about one of my boyfriends before. They could just hear the happiness in both of our voices. They approved right away.
On September 27th, I texted him when my plane landed in Texas. “Okay,” he said. “I’m on my way there in the shuttle so just meet me by the baggage claim.” Needless to say, he was standing there right as I got off the plane. He got a boarding pass so that he could meet me right as I walked in. We soon got outside and were waiting for our shuttle to arrive to take us back to the hotel. I stated giving him crap about how he lied to me. “You didn’t really think I’d be late, did you?” he said, “If we are being honest, that’s not the only thing I’ve been lying to you about. I lied about talking to your dad too. I talked to your dad on the phone about three or four times before you asked me to call them.” I was shocked. I asked him why he had been calling so many times. “Well I wanted to ask him if I could do this,” he replied and got down on one knee. He asked me to marry him right outside the airport! He was in full uniform and down on one knee in front of everyone. I obviously said yes, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life.
We are planning our wedding for February 22, 2014 and I couldn’t be happier. He’s deployed now so a lot of the planning will be in my hands. He will be back in my arms the summer of 2013. I can’t wait!51 notes · #military love #military fiance #Army fiance #submission
- kayluvsmonkeys2 likes this
- tiffunnyc likes this
- xoxschran reblogged this from youuaremyhappilyeverafter
- xoxschran likes this
- britneyolivetree reblogged this from militaryloveunderfire and added:
- moondazed likes this
- deadkenndies reblogged this from softballgirl93
- hooah-love-moosman reblogged this from armedforceslove and added:
- softballgirl93 reblogged this from armedforceslove
- atrainor14 reblogged this from smilesarecamouflageforscars
- sweettexasrebel reblogged this from masshole-gonecountry
- livelovelaugh-freebygrace reblogged this from temptati0us
- ashleycoakaaaa likes this
- earthlyslut reblogged this from armedforceslove and added:
- samvict25 reblogged this from smilesarecamouflageforscars
- thecalmbeforeandafterthestorm likes this
- our-love-is-armystrong likes this
- p-eachvanilla reblogged this from youuaremyhappilyeverafter
- countrysweetheartt likes this
- masshole-gonecountry reblogged this from smilesarecamouflageforscars
- smilesarecamouflageforscars reblogged this from armedforceslove
- vickeetoria likes this
- thewoorldisbeautiful likes this
- car01ina likes this
- weathered-the-wrackspurts likes this
- perchance-t0dream likes this
- temptati0us reblogged this from tattoos-bands-feels
- tattoos-bands-feels reblogged this from youuaremyhappilyeverafter
- sheastrawberry likes this
- youuaremyhappilyeverafter reblogged this from armedforceslove
- armedforceslove reblogged this from militaryloveunderfire
- kaylleymarie likes this
- mysavior-islove likes this
- dark-n-savy likes this
- jaysdarling likes this
- val-schmal likes this
- elymendoza likes this
- patienceisnotmyvirtue likes this
- theycallmebbarbs likes this
- let-nothing-get-you-down likes this